Dear Cleveland Preparatory Academy Families,
We are excited to start the school year with you and your scholar. We are looking forward to both a thrilling and exciting 2020 – 2021 school year. At the beginning of every month we will be sending home this newsletter that will communicate all of the important items that will be occurring for the month. Download Newsletter PDF »
Teacher In-Service Day: NO SCHOOL on Monday, February 1, 2021
In order to help continue to develop and grow our teachers and leaders, we will be having a Teacher In-Service Day. This day will allow for our staff to attend professional developments, workshops and training. There is no school for all students.
After School Tutoring Begins – Week of February 8, 2021
We will be having after school tutoring to help better prepare our scholars with their Reading and Math academics.
Days – Every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday – 3:40 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
NO SCHOOL – PRESIDENT’S DAY – Monday, February 15, 2021
School will be closed for students and staff in observance of our national holiday President’s Day.
CLPA Events – February
- K for a Day Event – February 1, 2021 – Local Daycare students will participate in the CLPA fun, instructional orientation program
- Spirit Week – Designated days where scholars will be able to wear specific fun clothing items (informational letter sent home)
- Kindergarten Enrollment Night – February 25, 2021 – 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. – open enrollment/registration event at CLPA
Mock Assessment Testing – February 22 – February 26
Mid-year Testing and Assessments will be occurring during the month of February. Because of the testing, we will ensure a healthy balance of testing and instruction occurs.
Parent Teacher Conferences: Friday, February 26
We will be having Parent Teacher Conferences from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Please schedule a meeting with your scholar’s teacher. This will be a great opportunity to become more aware and communicate your scholar’s social and academic experience in their classrooms.
School Specific Safety Information:
- The key priority will be the safety and well-being of all students and staff members at CLPA
- We will be practicing social distancing measures in all areas of the building including the classrooms
- Face mask coverings are required for all people in the building
- Hand washing and sanitizing routines for all people in the building
- Maintenance cleaning in all areas of the building
We look forward to working with you and your scholar and promoting a healthy and successful learning environment for all scholars at Cleveland Preparatory Academy!
Yours in Education,
Director of Academics
MISSION: To prepare students for a college preparatory high school that will ensure success and graduation from a four year college.